Pertouli Ski Resort is located in the area of Pertouli of Trikala county. The resort started operating in 1985 and is one the best choices for winter excursions. The slopes are mostly easy with an exception of 2 steeper ones which are made for expert skiers. The altitude at the bottom of the resort is 1170m. while on the top hits the 1370 meters with a vertical drop of 200m. Pertouli Ski Resort has 3 lifts and slopes starting from 100m. to 1500 meters and is open from 9:30 o'clock in the morning till 15:30.
Useful telephone numbers: +30 24340 91385
Resort Website: Pertouli Ski Resort
Pertouli ski center is a new operated ski center in Pertouli Trikala. Its doors opened in 1985 and frοm this datePertouli ski center is one of the best winter destinations in Greece. All Greeks, and especially Athens' citizens, visit often Pertouli Ski Resort because it is only 3 houres close to Athens Town and only 45 minutes from Trikala City. It is one of the most accessible ski centers in Greece and there are many facilities helping the roads be opened all the time.
The ski center is situated between Elati and Pertouli villages.
The slopes of Pertouli Ski Center are suitable for experienced and inexperienced skiers. It has two chalets, one at the base and one at the top of the two lifts at Ski Resort.
Pertouli serves thousands of winter visitors, and it is a suitable place for any ski activity.
Being close to the city of Trikala and next to the famous villages Elati, Pertouli Ski Center combines the prestige of a modern ski resort and the entertainment in the region with its many attractions. Arriving at Elati and Pertouli villages, the visitor understands that he is in a winter destination in Greece as the voices of visitors who enjoy either the snow or the activities are obvious throughout the whole region.
The motor bikes that the visitors can explore the paths through the wild nature, the horse riding that is available as an interesting activity and the smell of the local recipies in the traditional restaurants and taverns in the villages of Pertouli,Elati and Neraidochori leave indelible memories and will encourage any tourist to come again and again in this wonderful winter destination.
The following information will help everyone, especially those who will deal strongly with winter activities:
1. Mountain Kerketio or Koziakas as you have already heard is located close to Pertouli at an altitude of 1170 meters and up to 1370 meters. The circuit strength reaches 4740 meters and has no markings.
2. There is a children's slope with a length of 350 meters with differential height of 50 meters.
3. There is a downhill slope for beginners with length 100 meters and a differential height of 10 meters.
4. There are two slopes for advanced skiers which is in a total distance of 350 meters with differential height of 200 meters.
5. The number of lifts is in the total number of five so far and are consist by air racing, air transportation with seats, two lifts and a children’s lift.
6. The operational hours of the ski resort is from 10:00 up to 16.00 including weekends and holidays.
7. In Pertouli ski centre are operating ski schools, ski rental stores and shop for your winter activities.
8. Available Mountain retreat - house or guesthouse (it can host specific number of people) at an altitude of 1760 meters.
9. More information you can get on the phone 0030 24340 91385.
Hotels in Pertouli and rooms in Pertouli are plenty for your accommodation in Pertouli ski center and Elati village also. In this Pertouli Guide you can find information about hotels, traditional houses, Pertouli rooms, Pertouli hotels, Pertouli chalet, Pertouli restaurants, Pertouli traditional tevern and also there are many Pertouli activities available for theski funs and winter destinations funs. Visit Pertouli and have a nice stay in Pertouli.
The rare beauty and the hospitable spirit of Elati combine to make it one of the most developed holiday resorts in the area. Hotels and rooms for rent offer accommodation for short or long term vacation.
Local cuisine will not disappoint the visitor either: the taverns of Elati are famous for game meat (deer, roe- deer, wild boar, hare etc.) prepared and served in unique ways.
Here one can also obtain rare herbs, like mountain tea, oregano, lime flowers, musk etc.
Although surrounded by the peaks of Psilo (1700m), Arkoudotrypa (1600m) and Kokkinos Vrachos (1100m), Elati is easily accessible all through the year, being only 14 km from Pyli. Trekking to the wonderful springs of Canalia, Kalogeromandri, Gouves, Itamos, Arvanites and Bey is certainly worth the try.
One can visit the cave at Arkoudotrypa and the cave of stalactites near Pialia. A great feast takes place in Elati on August 14-15th and on April 23rd at the courtyard of the church of Aghios Georgios (3 km towards Kotroni).
Traces of an ancient castle and settlement have been found at "Psili rachi", "Fteri" and "Katofli" places, at the southeast of the village, on the way to Kalogiroi village. They are believed to be part of the ancient city "Petnaio" or "Potnaio" which flourished from the 5th century B.C. till the Roman years. In 185 B.C. Athamanes asked Filippos the 4th to give them back the village and Athinaios. In Petnaios area, a carved tombstone of Echenikos, a warrior or army officer killed in a battle in the 4th century B.C., was found. Broken chamber-pots, tiles, statuettes, coins and two different sized and shaped graves were also found.
Talking about Pertouli, which is surrounded by the famous mountains Neraida, Koziakas, Loupata and Avgo, and full of dense forests, lush meadows, wild flowers with colorful spark next to the tall trees and flowing waters of the river filled with aquatic plants, will not be an exaggeration to speak of a mountain paradise.
The Church of Holy Apostles is a white miniature in the green landscape, which becomes more picturesque and beautiful when the snow covers the area and offers a picture that can capture the human mind if you do not live it closely.
Famous are the meadows of Pertouli, which are large green areas where cows graze.
Between Elati and Pertouli is the Pertouli Ski Center, a great ski center that, because of the short distance from the region's villages and the city of Trikala, it brings the sight of ski lovers.
Historically, the first mention for Pertouli is in the Code 221/8a of Barlaam Monastery in the early 10th century, and in 1720, because it fell in a plague epidemic, it was abandoned and reoccupied by Triantafillos Hantzi Berta, from whom is the name of the village (Bertouli, the village of Berta ). Also, the name Pertouli is found in the Great Meteoro, a record, in 1741, as an indication of the residents of Aspropotamos to the pasha of Trikala in 1841.
In June of 1823, Pertouli was burned by Arvanitis Selichtar Boda with Neraidochori and Pyrra, and they were found burnt when Stournaris and Kasomoulis visited them in 1826. Pertouli was rebuilt in 1841 as the tower of Hatzigakis also, grandson of Bertha Hadzi, which is preserved until today. In 1943 history repeated, when Pertouli was destroyed because it was the headquarters of the Joint General Headquarters of the Greek resistance organization against the British.
In Pertouli, someone can find many archaeological sites, churches and monasteries and other historical buildings. Some of these are:
•- The "Kokkinostefano", a byzantine or medieval fortress, next to the mountain "Giona"
•- The church of St. Kyriaki
•- The church of the Assumption
•- The Tower of Hatzigakis (1841), grandson of Bertha Hatzis, who has been restored in the basis of photographs and engravings, which show its first form
•- The stone built "Grias Bridge" (bridge of the old lady), located in the "Manas Canyon" (canyon of the mother) which is run through by a tributary of Acheloos. It is a very important monument of the area mainly due to its artistic engravings.
•- "Bazeikos mill": on its right bank, there is a flat stone with a trout depicted on it.
Some of the cultural - folklore festivals held in Pertouli are:
- July 6-7th, Saint Kyriaki celebration
- August 5-6th, Transfiguration
- August 14-15th, Virgin Mary: The celebration starts with the Mass, where rich local dishes are served (mainly meat, pies, dairy products) and peaks with a jag. Folklore traditional bands and attendants always participate actively.
- On June, beekeepers' celebration, at Agia Kyriaki church.
- At the end of May, a very big, quite new celebration, "the Annual Meeting of Sarakatsanaioi", takes place at Pertouli grasslands: Sarakatsanaioi, all over Greece, gather together and revive the old nomadic way of living by setting up "konakia" (houses), looms and by cooking traditional meals while traditional music is played.
Places of exceptional natural beauty are:
- University Forest of Pertouli (here live rare fauna species and a great variety of flora).
- Pertouli grasslands: They are crossed by "Xerias" or "Pertouliotikos" river which divides them in special meandric shapes (local name is "koulouria").
- Koziakas' lake: Between "Astrapi" and "Arvanites" tops (1,500-1,600m).
- "Mana" canyon: Here flows a tributary of Acheloos and it is a biotope for bears, wolves and deer.http://www.pertouli.net/index.php?menu=1&pageid=3&details=13
387 Kilometers the capital of the country: ATHENS, GREECE
10 Kilometers the municipality seat ELATI, TRIKALA, GREECE
184 Kilometers the prefectural capital IOANNINA, EPIRUS, GREECE
445 Kilometers the prefectural capital KAVALA, GREECE
113 Kilometers the prefectural capital LARISSA, THESSALIA, GREECE
281 Kilometers the prefectural capital PATRA, ACHAIA, GREECE
5 Kilometers PERTOULI, TRIKALA, GREECE
20 Kilometers the municipality seat PYLI, TRIKALA, GREECE
268 Kilometers the prefectural capital THESSALONIKI, MAKEDONIA CENTRAL, GREECE
40 Kilometers the prefectural capital TRIKALA, THESSALIA, GREECE